Port Numbay, 14 Mey 2016 THANKSGIVING AND APPRETIATION Refer to official report that we have received from the United Liberation Movement for West Papua (ULMWP) about outcome of meeting of the International Parlementarian for West Papua (IPWP) on 3rd May, 2016, and so on this occation, West Papua National Parliament (Niew Guinea Raad) on behalf
The Westminster declaration as follows:
- Declare that continued human rights violations in West Papua are unacceptable.
- Warn that without international action the West Papuan people risk extinction
- Reiterate the right of the people of people to genuine self – determination
- Declare the 1969 ‘Act of Free Choice’ to be a cross violations of this principle
- Call for an internationally supervised vote on self – determination in accordance with UN General Assembly Resolutions 1514 and 1541 (XV).
Mālō ‘aupito to the Prime Minister, government and people of the Kingdom of Tonga for all their incredible support and Pacific Island solidarity for the people of West Papua. www.gov.to/general/tongas-prime-minister-attended-meeting-of-the-international-parliamentarians-for-west-papua-at-british-parliament-in-london-england/ On the Tongan government’s website today: 06th May 2016 The Prime Minister of Tonga, Hon. Samuela ‘Akilisi Pohiva, led Tonga’s delegation to the Meeting of